Firstly, I would say that to make the models truly effective you need card or heavier paper, but because this was a prototype, I used cheap and cheerful photocopier paper.
We should have started with some thing easier, like the fish at the beginning of the book, but where is the fun in that? No, it was decided that it was better to really challenge ourselves by trying out a project from the very middle of the book.
We also got out Usborne Book of Papercrafts for Mb, as he was finding the folding and scoring a little bit tricky, and he settled upon the birds in a tree project, although he added his own twist (of course.)
I was so pleased with his end result that I have framed the finished product, it's rather large - which the picture doesn't accurately convey. The frame is 30 x 40 cm.
I love it.
It's a happy reminder that Spring is juuuuust round the corner.
I've added this to the new OLM link up Saturdays Artist. It was a happy co-incidence that I was posting this today any way!
4 comments:
Oh, he's wonderful!!
And I"m just crazy about that tree! It's so beautiful. He did the flowers, too? It's really great.
Maddie made a cat yesterday that I absolutely love, but it was made on notebook paper - the kinds with lines on it! :/
Ah well. :)
I'd have that tree framed, too.
Well, thank you :-) The giraffe (of course we knew) looks amazing. No need to start at the beginning, obviously.
The tree picture is gorgeous - I just love those birds.
I have been in to mood to play with paper lately, but I didn't have any idea what I wanted to do that my daughter could do also.
I am off to see if our library has any of the books you mentioned.
Thanks for the inspiration!
Hi Kelly. I sent you an email, I need a favor re: JP Operation Genesis. Did you get my note?
xo Steph
Post a Comment