We actually did this a couple of days ago, but as I've not been able to get to the computer to blog, I decided to resurrect the Science Tuesday idea.
We were mixing coloured water (just water colour paint dripped in - food colouring is too staining for this soon-to-be-sold house) and vegetable oil.
He was stunned I tell you.
(I would like to point out that this experiment was not in anyway sponsored by Cheerios, I am just not very good at tidying.)
What did he learn?
That water is more dense than oil, and that water bubbles in oil look "awesome", that colours can be mixed to make new colours (he already knew that with normal paints, but hadn't actually made the connection to other areas such as this).
We looked at diagrams of water atoms, and I wished I hadn't packed the atom puzzle set we got from here.
1 comment:
Yep. That experiment can be categorised firmly in the COOL! section. Might even come over uber-wayward and wing it with the food colouring. Gulp.
Post a Comment