I never thought that the simple act of pulling apart a dead wasp could cause so much excitement in our house.
The negotiations alone was surreal.
"If you pull apart the antennae, then I want to do the legs."
"Be careful though, because I want to do the eye"
"Is that his sex organs (!!!!) or his guts spilling out the side?"
"He's a bit dried out, we need a fresher sample."
See, all a little bit strange.
I was pleased how absorbed they all were - and a teeny bit smug about how they approached it. lots of Internet research, laboratory prep work and team work ensued.
The only down side was doing it all just before lunch time, as it made every one feel a little bit queasy and not very interested in eating.
(I've decided to make Tuesdays officially Science Tuesdays in our house, so expect a few more science posts. Probably on Thursdays.)
2 comments:
Very detailed investigations! Looking forward to more Science Tuesthursdays :D
Please could you recommend a decent microscope. We have a couple of useless secondhand ones, and I don't want to waste money on another mistake!
Sam x
Hi Sam
The microscope we use is my husbands work one. It is a Bresser scope and is great.
link here: http://www.bresseroptics.co.uk/product/Bresser%20LCD%20Microscope%20Kit
It costs £304 which is expensive but it is solid and well made. I am actually on the look out for a less fancy model with lower magnification because this one can be too powerful.
No pleasing some people I suppose ;)
Post a Comment