A 150 kg tilt'n'slide patio door to be precise. Have I mentioned before that I live in a house previously owned by a DIY sadist? He has tried to kill us three times in the past - dodgy electrical wiring, faulty heating system and the unsupported chimney breast. Now we can add faulty patio door to the list.
It hit me so hard that I was knocked over. I know what a nail feels like when a hammer hits it. As I was sinking to the floor, the only thought in my head was "Shrek" as he was sitting a mere two inches away. Luckily he was missed completely, otherwise I would not be here now typing slowly, but in a waiting room whilst they tried to put my son's head back together.
I want to hunt down the previous owner, who had the nerve to write "This wardrobe cost £150 to make in 1988, and if you take it down you're an idiot" behind a (badly) fitted wardrobe and I want to tell him that his DIY skills are appalling and deadly, and that the wardrobe may well have cost £150 to make, but it was money illspent and that any one with eyeballs would take it down.
It is going to cost scary money to put right, and it is money that we just do not have. It also means that whilst we do have a lovely garden for the children to play in. They can't because the door has had to be screwed in place for safety reasons, and that the closest they will get will be staring through the window for the next few days/ weeks/ months until we can afford to put it right.
On the bright side, who knows what a knock on the head may produce? Genius here I come.....
8 comments:
eek! Glad that you're OK (assume that you're OK?), and that none of the children were hurt.
now if you get any headaches and/or vomiting get thee straight to medical inspection please! tsk. next you will be running with scissors.
OH MY GOODNESS! yes, be on the lookout for dizzyness, flashing lights, shaky vision, vaguenss (more than normal) ANYTHING out of the ordinary - concussion can have a delayed reaction...
please please be careful.
and I would seriously think of sueing the former owner - prat.
Thanks for the comment on my blog. My DD2 is thrilled your OD got her letter and was even more thrilled to see her picture on your blog...they are so similar! I know it was only supposed to be a one off exchange...but I think it's really inspired my daughter...I've never known her to write so much! TTFN
Hello
Thanks for the comments. I am fine. Kids have been angels all day, head still a bit weird but nothing an early night won't cure.
I was stopping by to report that H received her letter today and was thrilled to bits (so thank you very much) but now I want you to stop sitting at the computer and lie down with a cold compress and herbal tea or something. Hope your recovery is of the speedy kind!
I wouldn't say that was comical--but very painful! I sent an email about getting together.
Ouch. I hope you are okay? I just wanted to say Thank You for your letter. It arrived yesterday. The girls were thrilled to get another one :)
Post a Comment