Friday, 3 April 2009

Actually, we are the sane ones.

This is true. I didn't read it in a newspaper or on another blog. This was told to me by a trusted source (a science teacher) who actually saw this with their own eyes.

A question on a recent multiple choice GCSE Science exam paper:

What piece of equipment would you use to look at the stars?

a) a telescope
b) a microscope
c) an X ray machine.

GCSE PEOPLE. GCSE.

HE seems sane in comparison to the current education system.

3 comments:

Elizabeth (My Reading World) said...

I gave Kieran a printable worksheet that had sentences and he had to choose the best word out of two options to fill in the blanks. You should have seen the look of disgust on his face at the whole idea of it! It went something like: The (water or moon) orbits the Earth. He couldn't comprehend how silly a question it was--"as if anyone would choose water" were his exact words. He asked me the purpose of the format--and when I explained it was like a trick question--he said they should at least pick two things that "were at least in the sky".

mamacrow said...

gsce?! seriously?! wow. my gcse science wasn't like that I can assure you!

kelly said...

honestly i promise