Thursday, 27 September 2012

The list(s)

I have to-do lists.

There is an animal to do list.  You can't just load a horse into a box and skip across the country.  You need to pack up the rugs, the tack, worm them, get their feet done, arrange a rendezvous place because our lane is too tight for a Hgv to get down.  Organise a welcome party at the other end.

Then there is the accumulation of stuff.  Nothing like a big move to make you reconsider whether you need to cart that box of junk modelling materials 449 miles.

The emotional upheaval is a factor not to be overlooked.  Preparing the kids for the move, saying goodbye to new friends and old family ties.  Pony club, swim club, home ed club.  That's three parties  right there.  No sneaking away quietly for us.

I have to sell/ give away most of our furniture as we won't have space for it in the moving truck or the new house, which has everything in it.  When I say everything, I mean everything.  One of the agreements we made was that we would do the house clearance if the vendor knocked money off the property.  The vendors don't live locally to the house so we are saving them a lot of effort and gaining some very beautiful furniture in the process.

I'm thinking that things may be a bit quiet here for the next few weeks.  The Scottish solicitors have worked at a staggering rate and have managed to bring the move date forward by a couple of weeks.

If I do get a moment, I will pop in to record any thoughts, and I'd like to write a goodbye post to this special place.  Oh, it's going to get rather emotional...

2 comments:

Tania said...

One step at a time.

One. Step. At. A. Time.

Best of luck and I'll see you on the other side!

Jacqui said...

You will get through xx