Monday, 3 September 2012

449 miles of change






Things change.

Sometimes the changes are small and sometimes they are huge.

Like, 449 miles of huge.

I haven't been on here very much at all as real life has taken over nearly all of my virtual interactions.  I'm a bit sad about it, and I hope to get back into the groove as I've missed blogging.  The intent has been there but not the time.  I should make time.

Back to the 449 miles of change...

When we moved here last July I thought that I was home and it was time to stick in some roots and settle....turns out the universe had other ideas.

I'm at once both sad and happy about this development.

Sad because I've made some dear friends that I am leaving behind, and I love this place.  It has got into my bones (as has the damp) and I want to be here in many, many ways.  I know I won't live somewhere like it again.  It's been a magical place to live.

Happy because 4 out of 6 of us are native to the new place, and it is nearer family.  There is magic there too, but a different kind.

Different is good, keeps us on our toes.  And yes, the ponies, dogs, cat and guinea pigs are coming with us, and yes, horse transportation is terrifically expensive. 

If some one asked me at this moment to put a price on love, I actually could because if it wasn't for Od's adoring of the horses, they would not be coming with us.  (Clue: it's costing almost as much as moving the household stuff.)

But we love her and them, so it's all fine really.


I have learnt through these experiences that although you may think you have things sussed out, really you don't and you never can.  All you can do is be prepared to look to the future and hope.

Which is what I'm doing right now.


Hoping.

And packing.

(and just to add to the fun, blogger has gone mad and I have no control over my photo placement so enjoy the random placement.)

4 comments:

slim pickins said...

well i was wonderin where you were!!! i'll look forward to hearing more about your changes - you've been missed!

Stacy @ Sweet Sky said...

Things do change -- best to you as you move and settle in!!

Cheryl said...

The random photo placements worked for me! Hope the packing and moving go without a hitch. Looking forward to hearing about the new place.

mamacrow said...

oh gosh, I'm so sorry you have to leave that wonderful small holding :(
but it sounds very exciting! Looking forward hearing about the new place!