Goodness, I have tried to post on here.
My laptop is out of action, and so I've been trying to post via the iPad but it didn't seem to like blogger, and for the past few weeks each attempt has been met with an "error".
Why this time it has allowed me on here, I don't know, but I'm taking my chance and running with it.
Prepare yourself for a rambling, incoherent post.
We move on in seven days. Since I last got on here I have purged, packed, sold and donated. On and on in a seemingly endless cycle. I am typing this on a mattress of the floor with a cup of coffee balanced on an upturned wicker basket beside me. I am ignoring the noise upstairs. All children are in one room at present as I wanted to clear their rooms, and this is turning out to be a big mistake. They keep each other awake for far longer. Eb was so tired the other day, because Mb kept him awake demonstrating his newly learnt magic tricks. Mb is still very keen to develop his career as a Magician.
I did something very foolish.
I agreed to take in two kittens for a neighbour.
The black and white is Nia the Ninja, and the all black is Colin. Colin had a mystical start in life. Nia's mother had three kittens, and then two weeks after the birth, my neighbour went to check the kittens and there was Colin cosied up and slightly bigger than the other three. No one knows how he got there, or where he came from. I rather like this auspicious start.....perfect for a black witchy cat. They are very much opposite in character. Nia is clumsy, curious and feisty. Colin is calm, always watchful and quietly confident. Both have integrated well with the canines.
Have I mentioned we also have another dog, and have had since June?His name is Doodles, and he is a charming little man. Not blessed with natural grace but endearing with his accident prone manner.
The horses are gone, loaded up and dispatched.
We had a flood. Not in the house. In the horses field. The little stream just couldn't cope with the deluges we've been having and gave up. It's caused quite a mess.
Each day from here on will be our last in this house. I feel sad, but I'm ready to move now.
Well. I'm ready in my head, but not completely in a physical sense.
Not long now.....
No comments:
Post a Comment