I have sold or given away nearly every item of furniture we own. I am left with my bed, a set of bunk beds, our kitchen table and my desk. We are currently using an old mattress in place of a sofa.....rocking the boho chic.....or something.
I have donate so. Much. Stuff.
I have to believe (hope) that the thrifting fairy will reward me with some ace finds when we've moved in.
The kids have no toys. They are all packed. Or give away.
We are making do with a bag of rocks, some sticks, and some new iPad apps. I did keep out some pens and pencils, But forgot to leave out any paper. So, we've been decorating newspaper, and the sides of removal boxes.
I've wobbled, several times. We went to the last Monday group meeting, and there was hugs and a few tears as I said goodbye to what can only be described as some of the best people I've ever met. We only managed fifteen months of living in Wales, but they welcomed us warmly, and I shall miss them very much.
I'm watching the weather with an obsession. I was going to say with near obsession, but checking nearly every hour? Obsession for sure.
The weather may or may not be on our side, it's going to keep me guessing right up to the last minute. All I can be sure of is it will be cold, very, very cold. I packed my knitting needles and now I am kicking myself, as there is nothing else for me to do in the evening except stare at the iPad screen. Tomorrow I have another drop to the charity shop, and I'm going to treat myself to a new set of needles (hidden out of sight due to health and safety, so you have to ask to be shown them) and a ball of wool. I'm not going to make anything of any use, I just need something to do other than pack.
On the knitting subject, can I just say that I never updated the blog regarding my progress, but that it is going very well. I can crochet a decent granny square, and with a bit of playing about I've mastered crochet flowers. There are flaws still in my knitting, and I recently made a very pretty patterned scarf, only to notice a big ole dropped stitch right in the middle. And that's how I learnt to crochet flowers, which now hide the hole.
I'm nervous that I've purged too much, and that the new house is going to be very naked. We are taking on a house full of stuff (so yes, I have to do the same thing all over again when we get to the other end....) but once we've cleared it and open our boxes, I'm not quite sure what everyone will think of the new downsize.
I did consult the smalls, and got the feedback " Dont touch my model horses" and " Keep all the Lego" but apart from that they weren't too bothered.
Hardest thing? Sorting out the board games.
The kids vary so much in age that some the big two have outgrown are still great for the younger two, and some have been so well used they are nearly destroyed, especially those of poor quality. like the cheaply version of Guess Who? It's more like 'I'll Tell You Who By Falling Over' which definitely ruins the surprise/ guessing element of the game.
I have to go now, we have friends due over for a farewell supper, and I don't even know what we are eating, as I've purged the freezer also.
Cheese on toast it is then.
3 comments:
Wishing you all the best on your move. I know how hard it is to move so frequently. Keep the positive in focus.
You can all make it.
All the best for your move. Keep the positive in view. We've moved a bunch and the kids learn to adapt. It's ourselves that we need to give a break to.
cheese on toast sounds good :)
you sound very organised, best wishes with the move.
Post a Comment