Down by the waterfall there was some pretty spectacular icicles.

The big three went out and had a proper explore, walking up and down the stream admiring the best specimens, but Lb was not keen to venture out, and with a daytime temperature of minus 6 degrees centigrade, I couldn't really blame him.
Sweet sister that she is,
Od brought back some for her little brother to see. We put them in the sink and set the timer to see how long it would take them to melt. Just under an hour in case you're interested.

This one above is a twig encased in ice. (Am I stating the obvious there?)


This one is a dead fern, although the kids renamed it dead man's fingers. Because they are gruesome. Too much Horrible Histories perhaps?

And this one....isn't an icicle or a fern but it made me laugh. I was emptying out my camera's card as I do most Sunday evenings and came across this attempted self portrait.
3 comments:
Such a thoughtful sister. Love the Dead Man's Fingers. And the self portrait got me giggling - I find very similar ones on our camera as well.
Lovely photos of the twigs. My lot get my camera and delete photos which is really annoying! Many lectures later, they're still doing it!
Love that last picture. :)
I love the Dead Man's Fingers, too. And they surely are gruesome!
Post a Comment