Mostly horse related.
Od's new pony, which she loves dearly, is a rock. This is great for an over cautious, slightly worried mother. But he is becoming quite literally a rock and refusing to budge if his stablemates aren't in sight.
Luckily a friendly neighbour's daughter with lots of naughty pony experience has been visiting to help out, because every one knows that little girls on ponies don't like to be told what to do by their mothers, and that a teenage girl is waaaay cooler for a teacher.
I've been clearing out the vegetable garden. Facing the reality that the existing garden is not going to be able to cater for our needs, and trying to work out where I am going to put the spuds I want to grow. Finding all kinds of useful in that garden. A watering can, a boot scraper, a chicken feeder, and a whole stack of canes buried in grass.
Trying to get to grips with this crazy weather. It's snowing, it's sunny, it's warm and then it's cold again. Wondering who will fall foul of a late Winter cold with all this messing about.
I've looked out my needles in preparation for my knitting date, and gone all weird wondering whether the wool I've chosen is acrylic or not. It's from a bundle I got given and it feels like the real thing. Is it a dreadful faux pas to turn up with a something less than 100% natural?
There has been lots of reading eggs and khan academy, Chinese chequers, quandary, snap, ludo and draughts. Melissa and Doug's dinosaur stampers have been popular too.
2 comments:
It's been a weird winter eh? Sound like you are plodding along nicely , waiting for the Spring to arrive. Enjoy your knitting date. Acrylic will be fine, I'm sure. Xx
I'm still holding up okay, not getting antsy for spring, but I expect that to change any time. Usually it happens the first beautiful day. The first day of 50º (10º
to you) and sunshine... when I can open my doors. After that, my tolerance is over. :)
I'm so glad your neighbor is helping you!
Post a Comment