I have been blogging every day, but blogger obviously deems the material unworthy, because it has decided not to post them. They show up just fine, for a minute or two, then I get an error code.
Makes me wonder quite why I am bothering to even type this....I am an optimist and believe that one day the post(s) will all make a magical appearance and all will be right on my little blog.
We've had marvellous weather - which has improved mine and every one else's mood over the past couple of days. The best bit has been hitching the garden hose up high in a tree and letting the kids run amok in the back garden, giving me the house to myself and keeping them cool without the risk of a child drowning in a paddling pool. Definitely a win/win situation.
There has been another birthday, which has seen Mb turn seven years old....which is just madness I tell you. How can that tiny baby (my tiniest one of all) suddenly become so big? He is thrilled to be seven as it is his very favourite number (his second favourite is six, so I don't know what we'll do next year when we leave both favourites behind.) He has concerns that not ONE baby tooth has fallen out of his mouth and will he ever get to meet a tooth fairy at this rate?
We can but hope.
Lb has been making me smile with some new words and phrases.
"I have a head ache in my tummy" (after eating too much birthday cake)
"No thank you, there is not enough space...just not enough space" in a sad and melancholy tone, because he can't eat his cereal due to lack of aforementioned tummy space.
"Green tractors and blue tractors are friends aren't they Mummy?"
And the finest one, when a well meaning (teacher) friend asked him what he would be going in September....he replied:
"Prison."*
He is coping with being three quite well, but misses being two some times. Even at his tender young age he appears to show a tinge of sadness of what will never be again...which I find rather endearing.
Od has said a long, drawn out, tearful goodbye to the horses in her life, but managed to immediately cheer herself in the car up by reminding me that I have promised her we will look into loaning a pony once we are settled. Oh silly me and my tender heart. I would have promised her twenty horses if it had stopped her sobbing into the mane of one particularly old mare, proclaiming for all to hear that she would never see that pony again because "she will die soon."
Not sure the owners appreciated hearing that.
I won't be back here now until after we move, so I'll wish you a wonderful weekend now.
Be back soon.
*he is actually going to swimming lessons, and I have no idea where the prison idea came from but I do have my suspicions...big brothers have a lot to answer for.
2 comments:
Hope the move is going/has gone well! (I've lost track of which day we're on).
Now for the interesting bit of trying to find everything, and exploring your new surroundings.
Have fun!
Poor Dear... I sure hope she finds a new pony to love. Death is rather final... I love the things kids say. If you write a book filled with your children's sayings I'll be first in line for it. Take care.
Post a Comment