Friday, 11 March 2011

upload

I am single parenting at the moment, as Mr Wah is away talking geekery for a few weeks. Whilst he is being well fed and getting a minimum of eight hours uninterrupted sleep, I am trying to keep up with the small people and filling my evenings with artistic experiments and podcasts (I love craftsanity and lots of radio four.)

Of course I miss him, we all do, and I especially miss having some one to talk to when the kids are all in bed asleep...and to make me a cup of tea.

The days pass in a blur, and I am quite convinced that if I didn't take my trusty camera nearly every where we go, that I would have no record of the days events save for a few hazy memories of possibly eating lunch and folding some laundry.

So today's uploads are:

I am reminded by these pictures that Od hates the smell of daffodils, proclaiming them to smell of "bogie's", and that Mb has raided the cork store for a project that he is yet to explain...all I know is I was told not to touch them.


There is remnants of the day - Od's special tin of Peter Rabbit pencils, two nature field guides (well one field guide, and one sea coast guide.) A jar of newly purchased wooden people - we are all very inspired by We Bloom Here, as well as receiving two perfectly painted little ones from the sweet AppleShoe in the post. (Which reminds me that I still have not photographed and thanked people for presents - sorry!)

Then there is Mb's paintings. All miniatures no bigger than 2 inches by 3 inches. They are a collection of sea and skyscapes I am told, and they are not finished. Another "do not touch" request.

There was park play too, but the camera did not come along for that journey...it got left by accident in the front hall. I am quite glad really, as I was not looking my best, sitting on a park bench wrapped in blankets and drinking coffee. The children by contrast were running around in only t-shirts. It is one of the great mysteries, why do some people not feel the cold?


There is also one of my attempts at drawing/ painting with watercolour pencils. The kids were all doing their own too, but theirs have all been squirreled away some where.


Finally, there is the newly tidied art box. So much smaller than our old one, but much better because it is so much more portable. It can be moved from table, to counter top, to unit with ease...and simple is good.

So, there you go, my day in five pictures and a few rambling paragraphs.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm loving those tiny pictures! Two inches, hmmm? Don't know if I could do it! It does give me an idea that we should make some smaller tiles, however....

Appleshoe said...

Lovely day. The paintings are beautiful and I can't wait to hear what happens with those corks. So much activity. You are blessed. Take care.