Thursday, 31 March 2011

letter writing

We write quite a few letters to friends and family - especially cousins in far away places.

Eb has bemoaned the lack of boys stationary. We've been to quite a few shops and have found some nice letterheads, but most of them are quite feminine, or quite bland.

So we decided to do our own.

"Pigeon Post" and "Sailing on the High Seas":

There is a bunch more, and I am thinking of printing out a set on different coloured paper and then buying some envelopes to make a gift for a friend.

Which leads me to the making of gifts. We've made a lot of gifts for our family over the past couple of years, but I am yet to be brave enough to give home made presents to those outside the circle of family. I have this worry of appearing cheap and mean. I am not sure every one "gets" the hand made with love idea.

I have a whole lot of ideas though, and will be implementing some of them for Mothers Day on Sunday...watch this space.

No comments: