You know the saying "Pride comes before a fall"?
Who knew it could be so true, and very literal.
Yesterday Od was riding - not her beloved, but another pony she had been asked if she would like to ride. A solid little pony, smaller but stockier.
Ten minutes in, and it decides it doesn't want to be ridden today thank you very much. So it goes into rodeo mode and I have to watch, open mouthed, as my daughter goes sailing over the head of the pony. I was hollering at her to "GET UP", as I could see her being trampled. She did get up and thankfully only pride was dented.
She was quite shaken up though.
After a few minutes she got back on with me leading her and went around the school a couple of times.
I felt rather sick, there is nothing so unpleasant as seeing your child in mortal danger.
She on the other hand, is raring to get back on and have another go, saying she will be ready the next time.
I am dreading it.
4 comments:
Glad your dd was ok but sounds like a scary moment for you.
oh good grief...i know that feeling well. i missed Savannah's falls but was there when a pony 'had a moment' in the cross-ties and Savannah ended up underneath her belly somehow...
it wasn't until Savannah was out and safe that i practically burst into tears...lol
bee-jay-sus, what was i thinking to go along with this mad idea?!?!
oh gosh O_o while it is, of course, dangerous to degree, children are suprisingly resiliant - and bouncy. Some of the falls I took - well, i doubt I'd survive now! Then, i cried, shrugged, and got back on!
(((Hugs))) to you both.
far worse to watch it happening to someone else
My daughter started lessons last year and I have to say I dread the first fall, but I also expect it to happen all the time. I just hope it takes a while so that way she will want to get back on.
Glad your dd was ok.
Post a Comment