It's Friday. How, exactly, did that happen? The week has gone by in a haze of work and play. There have been moments, tiny pauses in each day where I have had choices to make. Choices like: clean the kitchen floor or read a story to Shrek, empty out the scariness at the back of the fridge, or have a cup of tea in peace. Story reading and tea won out each time, of course.
The week has been successful. We built little boats from the Toymaker website, and then raced them in the house. Competition reared it's ugly head, and there were a couple of disqualifications that were disputed and upheld. It was a good (meaning cunning) way to get them to think about time and distance. We used a stop watch and kept a table of results, and we also measured how far each of us could blow a boat with one puff. The boats were all decorated individually, and I planned an artistic photograph about here, but Shrek ate them, and a photo of mushy paper wasn't so appealing.
EB learnt about syllables, all by himself. He complained that he is the only one who has one syllable in his name, and every one else has two. Honestly, not some thing I thought about when choosing names, but some thing I should have it seems.
We have been playing outside when ever the weather has permitted, and visiting the farm to see the new life appearing. Lambs, ducklings, piglets, chicks, calves and tadpoles were all available for cuddling and cooing over. There was us and two other families at lamb feeding time, meaning that each child got a lamb to themselves. This is a big deal. We went in the school holidays once and there was about 30 people all wanting to feed 7 lambs. It was chaos.
And now it is May. Next month see's MB turn 5 years old and Shrek turn one. ONE. I cannot think about that right now. All I know is MB wants to visit the Frogs at the Zoo and have a Hungry Caterpillar Party. Shrek would probably be happy with a pile of paper boats to chew.
No comments:
Post a Comment