Wednesday, 6 May 2009

Our new favourite place




We found a new place today. There is beautiful woodland with large ponds that have fallen trees across them - perfect for daring explorers to cross (and you really have to be daring because we found leeches in the pond afterwards.) There was friendly toads and millions of little toadpoles to watch and small brooks to splash in. There was tree swings and see-saws. There was lego plants to play with, and foxes skulls in swamp land to gag at.

There was so much to do and the weird thing, it is less than ten minutes away from our house. How did I manage to overlook this place? I don't know. Too busy looking for places further away!

One thing I do know, we will be going back again, and again and again.....

1 comment:

mamacrow said...

LEECHES?! (imagine that in a horrified kind of screech) in our climate?! I had no idea there were any in the uk AT ALL! :o

tho a perfect opportunity to pull out On the Banks of the Plum Creek and read 'em the leech bit :)