I have made A PLAN for this topic.
Reading -
Celtic Myths and Legends by Philip Ardagh
The Story of Robin Hood by unknown
Some other relevant reading material I have reserved at the library but can't remember the name of until I pick it up tomorrow. Dang it.
Watching -
Sinbad the Sailor
Merlin (again)
Sword and the Stone
Making -
A collage of mythical creatures
A bow and arrow set
Air drying clay mythical creatures
Acting -
Out our own favourite myths and legends, dressing up and also with trusty playmobil.
May be we will look at the geographical and historical areas of the project - where myths originate from, what time in history etc. May be we will visit some places with their very own myths.
I don't know how long we will pursue this subject, it may be a week or longer if it goes well.
Is Zorro classed as a myth? Probably not.
Is Zorro classed as a myth? Probably not. I will post the results, good bad or indifferent.
3 comments:
this sounds great! you could go to sherwood forest? maybe tintagel (cornwall) is a bit far away tho....
stonhenge? one of merlin's legends has him building it...
what about bodacea? can't remember which town she sacked.. was it Colchester? I think there's a statue of her there?
Coventry - Lady Godiva?
Thanks for the ideas Mamacrow. Ideally I would take a campervan and go on a magical mythical tour of the british isles. Sounds like a book title.....
magical mythical tour! lol!
sounds like the Beetles with a lisp!!!
I supose you could go to any forest/wood and talk about dryads etc or any shore line and talk about mermaids and selkies...
Post a Comment