Eb has been working on his own project of late. I don't know quite what you'd call it.
Scene setting? Staging?
All I know is it took all afternoon and a lot of manoeuvring on his part.
He asked to borrow my good camera as he was disappointed with the spares image quality (!)
Each scene has a caption:
In this one we see a hero, waiting for a villain:
Followed by a shoot out. Will the bad guy escape on his bike?
Um. Looks like he will.
But wait, his bike stopped working and now he is on foot...
Teamwork saves the day.
The end.
There are about a dozen different adventures.
I love this. I love that he has stepped into story writing, without actually making that conscious move. When I've tried to get him to write stories before there have been tears of frustration and upset. It's been over a year since I even suggested it.
And yet, without pushing or provocation, here we are.
(Linking to OLM Saturday's Artist.)
2 comments:
that is proper story writing for boys!!
This is brilliant! Cameron used to do it with his Doctor Who figures. He invented an entire spin off series around a boy (that he would play in the tv show) and so the imagination wouldn't stop when the figures were put away because he was right inside the story!
Post a Comment