Tuesday, 14 July 2009

rest in peace, Marv

today is a sad day. We lost a valued member of our family. Marv the gerbil died peacefully in his sleep. His funeral was the right mix of sadness and rememberance, things like: "Do you remember when Marv climbed onto EB's head and EB accidentally threw him across the room? Oh how we laughed!"

Marv was a kind gerbil, a born en
tertainer at 3 a.m. at which time he decided to tap dance eac
h and every night. He will be sorely missed, but apparently not by his brother Muddy, who trampled over Marv's little corpse in order to get to his food bowl.


If my laptop hadn't crashed losing nearly 2000 photos, I might have had a picture to post of Marv in his prime. I did consider a photo of dead gerbil, but t
hought it bad taste.

PS - If any one can explain why my blog insis
ts on posting in Courier font despite me changing it several times, I would be grateful!




1 comment:

mamacrow said...

I'm so sorry :( commisserations to you all xxx