Thursday, 23 October 2008

The First Blog........

First Post of a New Blog.

I had a blog a while ago but it died one day and I could never get back to it. I am not even sure where to start really.

We are home educating, so I could type about that.
We are doing lots of art and crafting, so I could type about that.
We are doing lots of out side stuff, so I could type about that.
I knit, badly. I could type about that.

Where to start?

I am going to start with what I am doing right now. I am sitting on the sofa with my laptop. My baby, we shall call him Shrek (because that's who he looks like,) is asleep next to me, having been fed into a stupor.

The rest are busy doing "stuff". OK, two are at school - infant school. The last one, the one that is home educated (we are novices at this home education lark, so bear with me.) What is she doing? She is looking at a science book and trying to decide whether we will make fantastic flingers or floating water beasties. Apparently, the fantastic flingers will teach us about force and energy (physics obviously) and the floating water beastie teaches us about water tension. Decisions, decisions. One could cause injury (flingers) and one is messy (beasties).

Then there is the knitting. I started making a scarf for myself out of lovely soft, beautiful multicoloured wool, but cast on too many stitches, and now it is wide enough to fit a man from land of the giants, and two of his closest friends. I did say I was a rubbish knitter, I therefore make no apologies. I will wear it with pride, as it confirms exactly what the local populus think about me. I am weird.

2 comments:

Grit said...

beasties! beasties! my vote's for beasties!

kelly said...

Thanks for that. We did beasties and they were like rockets. I also found out that the little sink leaks. Badly.