Monday, 9 May 2011

when the sun shines we...

Ride the trains. Do not call them choo-choos as Lb will tell you "actually they are trains."


Sow magic seeds from the kitchen cupboards alas The Thrifty Gardener. Will Caraway seeds from 2004 actually set? Does it matter when Lb goes outside and empties the pots twenty minutes after you've done them?


Fall over. Quite a lot and for no apparent reason.
Climb so high in a tree that you look like a little dot and I get vertigo just watching.

It's an ever changing adventure to be sure*.



(*Why do I have to fight the urge to say "Ah-har" like a pirate after typing to be sure? Isn't it more Irish than Pirate? Will I ever stop pondering the unimportant?)

3 comments:

Sam said...

Maybe an Irish pirate :-)

Please could you give me lessons on surviving the tree climbing experience. I have palpitations when they're still within reach. You are awesome!

Lovely sunny days.

kelly said...

Sam, I have a mantra I repeat over and over, which is "young bones heal fast, young bones heal fast."

Awful, but true.

Jacqui said...

Hi Kelly - thank you for coming out of the woodwork - sometimes I don't know where to find people! How I love your blog - so much resonates with me. In fact I kept saying Ah-har as I read down :) Not very many trees here, so I don't yet have that worry. Glad to have you along for the journey. xxx