Saturday, 22 January 2011

what does your play list say about you?

I have spent a delightful hour compiling two play lists. One for cleaning and one for relaxing.

Cleaning play list starts of respectfully enough with KT Tunstall, a bit of Regina Spektor (still in the cool zone, I think.) Then I found what I think could be the best cleaning songs of all time...

Disco 100.

Tomorrow morning I will be mopping and scrubbing to the likes of Earth, Wind and Fire: Let's Groove, Baccara and (my personal favourite) "Jump" by the Pointer Sisters.

Don't judge me on my cleaning songs...or my love of totally cheesy pop music.

I also have "Maybe" from Annie on my ipod which I sing at full volume. You can imagine the funny looks I get from passing neighbours in the Summer when the windows are wide open. I don't think a grown woman singing Annie is quite as cute as a little girl. No one has reported me yet (or come to claim me for that matter.)

Then there is my other new found fetish Bizet's "Carmen". I just love the shouty bits that make you jump. It's also an excellent excuse for us all to practice our strutting and stalking around the house. The Royal Opera House version is rather saucy too, although I think any version can't help but be a little bit....those late 19th century opera goers must have been a racy bunch, although admittedly it took a while to catch on, and poor old Bizet died before Carmen really took off.

To finish, I will leave you with the children's current favourite. We sing this in the car.

All. The. Time.

So, if you should ever pass a beat up old seven seater with four children wimboweh-ing their socks off, give us a wave.

I'm pretty sure that we aren't the only ones.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I swear my Ipod has a good case of split personality disorder!Variety is good, it keeps us on our toes and allows us to grow:)