Feel free to be nosey, but it may not appeal to every one as it's more of a vague curriculum of ideas for home education. Exciting to us, but understandably not to the rest of the world.
Of course, this list making got me thinking, which got me wandering down to the bottom of the garden to check our supplies, which led to tidying and photo snapping, which led to me uploading these:
Shells. Pretty shells that I will find a use for.
So we're set up and ready to go for the next couple of months. You'd think so, wouldn't you?
BUT.
My kids love science, they love experiments.
I am on the look out for good value kits or experiment books/ websites/ ideas. If you know of one, please leave a link in the comments.
Thank you!
8 comments:
I presume you know Richard Hammond's blast lab? That's really good.
Robert Krampf's the Happy Scientist?
http://thehappyscientist.com/
We really love 'crisp packet fireworks' by Chris Smith and Dave Ansell:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crisp-Packet-Fireworks-Maverick-Scientists/dp/1845379810
Loads of fun!
i sometimes come here for your science links, so i'm not much use. we did have fun wandering about the internet putting something together for the science fair - there are thousands of ideas out there. atm i have brought out teach yourself physics. i make dh explain stuff over dinner. then my only job is to be a glamorous assistant (if one can do that with a mouthful of noodle).
Oh I do love list-making season. I love to see how other people "do it". Might have to rustle up a list myself - more than : get up, do something.
You know more about science than me (well used petrie dishes? Huh?), and I see you have Filth Wizardry (and OLM) as a link already. What about Home Science Tools - lots of lovely sciency things to browse (but not buy - US only), projects and a monthly newsletter.
Thanks for visiting my other blog - not much blogging going on anywhere, I'm afraid ;-)
Sam x
My son is a science freak too ;) He LOVES projects, experiments and all that goodness. Other posters have listed great links so far. Lately we have been liking the Home Science Tools newsletter (sign up for it at their website by age/interest). They email out great projects, tips, ideas...AND they have great science kits.
You probably know about these, but a few online resources we like are (edited to remove our favorites which you already have on your side bar!)::
http://pbskids.org/dragonflytv/
http://www.brainpop.com/
http://pbskids.org/zoom/activities/sci/
http://www.exploratorium.edu/explore/
http://thehappyscientist.com/
http://www.amnh.org/ology/
Just a few, there are so many great ones!
Thank you for the links people - much appreciated. I'm off to investigate!
I'm back, now I have time to share some links. You have most of my favourites and more, but I didn't spot the following:
http://www.sciencetoymaker.org/index.html
http://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/en/learning-kids/Pages/children.aspx (more natural history)
http://www.bath.ac.uk/math-sci/bath-taps/ (not till next year, but it is local to you)
I'm going to work through your list.
Not science related, but the Bath Literature Festival is coming up soon.
Post a Comment