Only one day and one alone did I insist on a that we step away from the beach for a visit to a stately home, and even then we wound up spending the last couple of daylight hours skimming stones into the sea.
I give you just a small sample of the 553, 495 beach pictures that were taken:
Engineering work in progress - getting the little freshwater stream to the sea via their own dug out canals.

Teeny, tiny little shellfish - I think they are baby barnacles?
MB on first days rock pooling. It amazed me how much keener their eyes got after a couple of days.

EB being the surfer that he was born to be. At way past normal bed time. Funny to hear him swap his "Just one more story" plea for "Just one more wave".

A Slow Worm. A male with the tell-tale blue dots down his side. Sadly this little man was dead, we think he had fallen off the grassy cliff and onto the beach or may be caught and dropped by a bird. We gave him a proper burial.
Crabs were abundant - lots of masked crabs.
Seriously ugly and large individual - I dare you to click on her and see it in all its glory. I think it's a she, because of the egg carrying pouch underneath (please correct me if I am wrong.)

Shrek wave watching for the first time he can remember. He was in awe.
It was a great break from normality, and we were blessed with sunshine every day. Now I just need to get the sand out of the clothes, car, caravan and all the shoes.Teeny, tiny little shellfish - I think they are baby barnacles?
EB being the surfer that he was born to be. At way past normal bed time. Funny to hear him swap his "Just one more story" plea for "Just one more wave".
A Slow Worm. A male with the tell-tale blue dots down his side. Sadly this little man was dead, we think he had fallen off the grassy cliff and onto the beach or may be caught and dropped by a bird. We gave him a proper burial.
Shrek wave watching for the first time he can remember. He was in awe.
But not yet.
1 comment:
Living beachside for a week sounds wonderful! Especially lots of different beaches. :)
Post a Comment