Sunday, 9 May 2010

Peg People

We have been out some where every single day for the past ten days. We have been to parks, PGL for team building with other home educators, the big library for story reading (I wanted to kiss the man doing the reading - you could hear him booming on the next floor, and he did not care a jot!), nature reserves, friends houses, Brownies, Boys Brigade, athletics, drama. Every where.

So today I declared that we were going no where, and those that wanted to could spend a whole day wallowing in their pajamas. Today, we stayed indoors, read this rather excellent version of some of Shakespeare's plays and felt all inspired in a theatrical way.

Hence....

Ladies and Gents, I give you the cast to our newest theatre. Pince à Linge Théâtre (or Peg Theatre.) I don't know why Od wanted to know what it was in French or why she insisted on calling it this. I think she was feeling fanciful. So, onto the cast....

Hamlet and Ophelia, or Macbeth and his Missus (although, I feel, not a completely convincing bit of casting for the latter. I mean, look at them, they have "nice" stamped all over their faces.)

From here, it gets a little weird....

The lady is Hamlet's Mother and the witches in Macbeth, and the foil fellow plays the others. In that, I mean Claudius, Polonius, Laertes, Horatio, Banquo, Macduff, etc. No one wanted to make any more pegs at this point, so Robot Peg was called into action.

Finally, my favourite...


He played the part of narrator, and has the bonus of being two faced, which meant he could be spun round into clown mode...

....which I think would make him a perfect Trinculo from The Tempest, which we just happen to be reading tomorrow. I forsee many more peg people being made.

5 comments:

Appleshoe said...

These are wonderful!! I loved making these as a child.

Unknown said...

yes yes! many peg people....They are excellent.

Playing by the book said...

These are gorgeous! And I wanted to let you know that I've finally got hold of a copy of Alison Jay's Welcome to the Zoo which you recommended to me on my blog, and yes, I love it! We're hopefully going to the zoo next week so I think I fell a post coming on about it! Thanks so much for the suggestion :-)

Hullabaloo Homestead said...

Oh gosh. Too cute, about the robot guy playing the rest of the parts...and the two faced clown dude. What fun you must have had creating all of these together.

:)Lisa

Lisa said...

Wonderful way to portry Hamlet. I'm loving the book....the US Amazon doesn't carry it (figures); I just might have to pay for extra shipping for this one. We love Shakespeare and I'm always looking for fun ways to share him with my girls.

lisa (5orangepotatoes)