Saturday, 17 April 2010

a sneaky peek

Husband used to work in the garage. About two weeks ago he officially moved out. (From the garage, not the household.)

So we inherited the space.

Shall I take you for a little tour of this work-in-progress?

Right then.

Neatly organised art cupboard (with a chemistry set and a board game on the bottom, but don't look at that...)


A Window. Bet you've seen one of them before, but there are only two in the building so I think it deserves a mention. Note the new 7 ft high fence our neighbours are putting up. I think they love us.


Sciency bits. Actually mystery glass jars from scrapstore, which I sometimes ponder the original whereabouts of but then decide I probably don't want to know. They are filled with coloured water. Why? Ask Eb.


Ground level view. Playmobil fort = happy children. (And in the back ground you can see the volcano we've made but not had the heart to destroy.)

What's that? You want a close up of the volcano? But of course....


Happy now? Shall we move along, there's still a lot to see.


This brown unit was meant to be the Nature unit. It hasn't really worked out that way and become a Things unit. Never mind.

This is the lab benches that I made Husband leave for us. They are sturdy and high, which means they are Shrek-proof, and, I am told, ideal for making dens under. (And the white hanging thing? I have no idea. Ask Eb. Again.)

A shelf including a microscope that Husband also left (but with instructions that we CANNOT break it because it is a very expensive one.) There are also two model ships given to my boys by my now departed grandfather. I haven't had the nerve to get them out of the box yet, but one day.

I know what you're thinking. This is all a bit too tidy and organised for me. Well, behold - a bag of tat:


This is scrapstore stuff. In it are random bits of foam, felt circles, green shredded paper and some wool fringing that smells like decaying sheep. If you have a craft activity that involves all of these items please let me know.


There is play happening in this room already. This is the scene I found at the end of the day - I've been told I am not allowed to tidy up as they are getting to know each other. (Mb) Glad to see that the Princess has had the sense to bring her cross bow to the meeting.

Only another 56 boxes to bring in from the house and unpack. Like I said, it's a work in progress, and probably will be until we move.

1 comment:

Tania said...

Everything is suddenly startlingly obvious. The one thing we cannot be doing without any longer is a Things Unit. How did I not get that before? (supremely impressed by this new Space of Play)...