What I should probably do is a holiday round up. Then I will be able to look back and smile.
It was a good and busy holiday. We visited the 9,999 relatives we have in that part of the world (I swear, for the first two days it felt like I was being shuttled from one living room to another.)
We also drove past our old house, which has now become a "proper" farm with all new barns, massive machinery and electric fences. Not like the farm of two horses, three cows and the odd wandering sheep when we lived there. (I should point out, we weren't farmers - our cottage was on the farm land. The farmer - our farmer has also sold up.)
I ate too many ginger humbugs, to the point that I lost the feeling in the roof of my mouth (but so worth it.)
We mystified the children with Scottish High Tea in a fancy Hotel. Toast for starters, naturally. Then a main meal swiftly followed by a cake mountain. All your meals in one sitting.
We ate White Puddings, Pan Bread, Stovies and all other Scottish goodness until we couldn't move.
We visited old haunts and tried out a few new ones. (For this read: Parks, Parks and more Parks.)
We endured one scary night in the caravan when the winds were high and I was pretty sure we would be blown down the hill and meet our deaths in the river below the campsite (drama queen, me?) As it was, all was fine the next day and we had remained exactly where we were pitched.
We were sad to leave our families but glad to get home, and totally thrilled that the car and van made it all the way there and back (I was shouting "Good Girl!" At the car when we made it up steep hills.)
Now to the pile of washing...
3 comments:
Sounds like you had a great time, and a bit of sun, from the photos!
We've got family on the east coast, so you're making me very peckish, especially white pudding.
Jealous of you and your caravan ;-)
Looks and sounds great fun...
I have a dughter who just loves to get in the water, whatever the weather, so can relate to that picture:-)
Sort of like when my Mum had to sing Edelweiss top get her seat belt to work? (no other song would do). Excellent to hear it was Some Adventure. Because I wouldn't expect anything less.
Post a Comment