I am not sleeping well these days. There are too many brain issues which means I cannot switch off when I should.
Of course, the big one is the home education review. It haunts me after my meeting with a local EWO. She is already writing a plan of how to implement the upcoming changes, to her they are a given. She was a lovely lady, not at all vindictive and very polite, but I sensed a steeliness under that thin veneer of understanding. She stressed that HE is tiny part of her job, which is not concerned with education, but with welfare. Not sure I liked being lumped in with the truants, abusive and neglectful but there you go.
She has her own concerns, like where the time and money will come from to implement this scheme. She was concerned about curriculum and how the government would measure HE achievement, as the ways of learning are as diverse as the families.
Here in lies the issue for me. Every experienced Home Educator I speak to has a different response, from stand and fight to ignore the government and continue as we are to immigrate to demonstrate, and it is quite frankly exhausting. It's the slight down side to being a diverse minority group.
So, what to do, how do I get these ideas and worries out of my mind?
I've written to my MP, signed petitions, got angry mad at people but a small voice in my head tells me that the government will not, have not listened and every thing we do will not make the slightest bit of difference because decisions have already been made.
Makes me sad.
4 comments:
I never have anything of value to add on this theme because I never know the answers either. But I do admire your tenacity and commitment and passion and very much get that you are doing this with a fiery conviction that what you are doing is best for your kids. And for that I am cheering loudly from the sidelines.
When you find the answers, let me know ;-)
(Is there a bit missing off the bottom of your post?)
Here's to a good night's sleep. May it return to us soon!
(((Hugs))) hope you sleep soon, cos everything look less insumountable after a good night's sleep xx
((hug)) i am having to take a break from this myself for a while, although i have about a dozen half finished rant posts, mostly about ofsted! but have a break as you need. it doesn't mean we give up on our arguments, positions and debates. no doubt a few days off to prepare for christmas with kids will only make us come back the stronger.
Post a Comment