I seem to have lost my "me" time in the run up to Christmas, apparently a common complaint in mumland. Even the dodgy Santa we saw yesterday (he was, in my defence, nicely cheap at only £1 a head, so the kids and I were fully prepared for a wonky beard and strange looking santa suit) advised the children to be helpful and keep out of Mum's way, which was a slightly odd thing to say.
It didn't have any effect though, because as soon as we stepped foot in the house, OD was begging me to help her make a bag for her best friends Christmas, and MB wanted to make skinny biscuits and EB wanted help setting up his fort, and Shrek was being Shrek and emptying each and every box.
I set OD up with a template (a cork table mat) and some fabric, she did the measuring and cutting, and when it came to the sewing I did the pedal and she did the rest:
I'm a little bit proud.
I am now visualising a family business, where OD makes the bags, and MB makes the biscuits to put in to the bag, EB can be in charge of finances (money counting is his thing) and Shrek can do the charm offensive to potential customers.
2 comments:
LOL- cute bags
Way to go family! If I were you Mum I'd be SHOUT IT OUT proud!
Post a Comment