Here is his response:
"Thank you for copying me in on your email to Ed Balls about safeguarding children.
Firstly, I am very sorry to read of the bullying your son suffered in the playground at school. No child should have to put up with such treatment, and I am sorry that you feel teachers at the school failed to deal with this problem.
I am also sorry that you feel meetings with me about elective home education have been ‘fruitless’. I have worked hard for home educators in Swindon, holding numerous meetings to better understand the nature of their concerns, and I have made many representations on their behalf to Government ministers, explaining the reasons for home educators’ alarm at new proposals and asking for constructive responses to them. I believe this is the best way to ensure that Government ministers, who make policy decisions on these matters, are aware of, and take into account, my constituents’ comments and experiences. And despite what you write I have explained why the Government conducted this review. I am sorry you do not appear to have been present when I did this.
To ensure he is aware of your comments, I have therefore written on your behalf to Ed Balls MP, enclosing a copy of your email, and asking him to respond to your concerns. I will contact you with any response that I receive."
I will keep you posted......
5 comments:
Wow!
What flavour of MP is this?
Wish mine would respond as promptly!
wow, not bad! my mp has been working on my behalf, but fruitlessly!
Hello - thanks for the comments. I am not holding my breath for any further action but at least he responded which is more than happened the last time I wrote to my MP.
Tim - I have removed your comment, not that I don't agree with it, just that I didn't want to make it too blindingly obvious where I lived, but you are completely correct :)
Good for you Kelly - my MP doesn't bother to reply to me at all, let alone quickly.
Post a Comment