Sunday, 18 October 2009

back to what we do best

Enough of this politics nonsense. I have dipped my toe and found the water icy cold. I will continue to do things behind the scenes but not here, not now.

Back to what we do best, which is make a zoo, of course. This is MB's creation and you would not believe the planning that went into creating this little collection of animal houses.

First, there was the decisions of which animals to include. MB has a love of the animal kingdom, so the animal box was trawled through with great care and consideration. Once we had decided that a lonely penguin, a wobbly legged giraffe and a couple of horses were to be housed, we (or rather he) set about measuring and making. I was a little alarmed at the slightly small living quarters allocated to each species, and I fear the the WWF would not be rushing to give us conservation awards, but MB specialises in small. He is small, therefore the world he creates is small also. Here is the zoo:

The horses. Yes. One is huge and one is teeny tiny. Yes, teeny tiny cannot see out of the stable door but teeny tiny likes to stay outside, so this is a minor detail and does not matter.

The lonely penguin. He looks quite cosy doesn't he? (And you can blame MB for the blurry photo, he took it.)
Lastly, old Wobbly Legs. He just fits into his rather mean shelter - I don't see that keeping out and wind or rain, do you? (And please note the wild boar in the back ground, he is key to the next photo.)

I knew things were a little bit too quiet down at the zoo. Without warning a lion, wild boar and a giant lizard - we pretend it's a Komodo Dragon - decide to inhabit the stables. I fear it will all end in tears, or a feeding frenzy........

2 comments:

Tania said...

We have scale issues of the opposite kind. The Zoos, or 'scenes' as they are called around here usually take up the entire house...

mamacrow said...

'Enough of this politics nonsense.'

oh I know exactly what you mean!
LOVE the zoo!