Well.
It was predicted by the met office.
I had a feeling in my bones before we'd even moved that this winter would get off to a snowy start, based on nothing concrete. Sometimes I'm scared to think things in case the universe is listening and decides to take my thoughts and make them real.
And now I sound completely mad.
We have had two nights of snow, but tonight we are waiting for The Big One.
We've watched the white patches creep steadily in from the Glens behind us, like an early warning system. It started two weeks ago, and with each passing day we've got a little bit more prepared.
I splurged and bought each child a ski suit, which have proven a wise buy. I found Eb laying in the snow,having just been used as a human sledge by Lb a moment before, and he was still warm and dry.
I'm charging up the camera battery and will be out taking photos tomorrow.
Unrelated:
Whilst leading a horse in from the field, we both managed to do a good bambi on ice impression, which terrified both of us,so I've bought some salt and cleared some paths. Lesson learnt.
We went to the local home educators christmas party, which included a decoration making session with the local ranger team. They're a jolly lot with lots going on, so we will be busy come the New Year.
We've been listening to the audio book of Philip Pullman's "Clockwork" which is a great winters story.
1 comment:
Just been catching up with all your news. So exciting -and the house looks amazing. Wishing you all the best in your new home and place - hope your daughter settles in soon. Trying to think where you are, but guessing you are now part of Noshed.
xx
Post a Comment