Tuesday, 20 November 2012

robots, some other things and what I see in the morning

I am horribly behind with planned/ thought of blog posts.  I have so much to say but not enough pockets of time to say them in.

I've been getting to know my new kitchen, baking the fantastic banana muffins from Orangette.  I have tried and failed to make banana muffins in the past.  They are never sweet enough and have a weird claggy after taste but NOT any more!  I can now make proper breakfast muffins, and I am a very happy person.

The boys have been busy playing with a robot kit they got last year.  It was from the Book People, and it's still there.

I


This is an inherited lamp. The wallpaper behind it is curious.  It goes from gold in the morning to pale green in the afternoon back to dark gold in the evening.
 

The original fireplace.  It's a dark picture, but then it was taken at night when the fire was lit.  No on wants a picture of an unlit fire now, do they?


We call this room the green room.  It has green chairs and green carpets and green cushions.  The curtains need some care, so I'll add it to the list of Things To Do.  The chair came with the house, so did the cushion.  The hurricane lamp is mine.  


This is the back room window.  It has shutters which actually shut (if you wiggle them.)  That blur is Od, coming in after walking the dogs about in the rain.  She misses Wales very much, and although she is being very grown up and understanding, there has been tears. 



This is what I see when I wake up in the morning.  This is the sun shining in and hitting my wardrobe mirror.  The mirror is the kindest mirror in the land.  It is so old, it has mellowed with age and gives any one who looks in it a warm soft hue.
 

I realise now looking at this photograph that we are slipping away from Autumn, and very firmly into the grip of Winter.  I've stacked the wood in the possibly leaking wood shed, bought enough baking supplies to challenge the bake off team, and installed a snow shovel in the shed.  That's about as ready as I can be.

No comments: