So, while we sit and wait for the some land agent in some office some where to decide whether our measly bid is good enough, I thought I would document what the plan/ dream is.
Both Mr Wah and myself rather like the idea of being mortgage free. We got into this house buying malarkey at a terrifically young age, which on one hand gave us a head start on the property ladder, but also meant we have never experienced adulthood without a mortgage and therefore, debt.
So we came up with a daring plan to change this.
We would sell what was our dream house and start over again.
.
This debt free dream does not come without a price. I will be truly sad to see this lovely old characterful place go to someone else. Someone who either has bags of cash to buy it outright, or is willing to work in order to pay a mortgage.
I am very apprehensive.
I wouldn't want any one to think that I am going into this whole self build thing in a blinkered state. I have many friends who have done this, in fact Mr Wah has acted as labourer for a couple of them. I've seen first hand the stress and challenge that this presents.
Never mind a house that will likely be built of straw.
If the stars align, and we work really hard, we hope to have something like this, only on a smaller scale.
Of course, this isn't the whole plan. Mr Wah is an Engineer, and he wants to put his skills to use, which means we are going Off Grid. And this is the bit that really freaks me out. We have friends who live this way, and they seem happy and healthy, but I've been warned that it requires a very different state of mind to what an On Grid person has.
If you'd like to know more from someone actually living the life, then I suggest you watch this video.
2 comments:
Sounds like a really exciting new plan!
So the old Ben Law book will come in useful ;-) Hoping it gets accepted x
Post a Comment